StatCounter

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Assassin's Creed part 2

When a girl on my college Facebook said she wanted to do an Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood cosplay group, I knew I needed to do some research. See, I have a confession. I've never owned any of the games because my best friend had an Xbox360 so I'd never needed to buy my own. And even then, most of my exposure was watching my bestie's dad play the first game (which was great because he's a history professor so he told me all kinds of stories while he played).

Now that I have that off my conscience, let's get back on track. I found the perfect costume while searching the multi-player characters, but then another perfect costume when I started watching a Let's Play of Assassin's Creed II on youtube. Now I'm stuck with decisions!

The smuggler's costume was love at first sight:
Isn't it wonderful? It does look like a bit more of an undertaking than Ezio's costume
9this is at least 3-4 layers of clothing), but the result is fabulous. For the less fancy one, the one on the left, there would be a shirt which makes the inner layer of the sleeves, as well as one of the skirt-like bits. Over this would be another shirt which makes the second layer on the sleeves and peaks out below the leather overskirt. A third shirt would make the collar and peplum under the leather doublet. Then the leather doublet itself with interesting paneling. Then over all that is a cloak.
The two layered skirt would be the bottom of the innermost shirt (if it is elongated and unfitted, that might work) and a detatched skirt. Then two layers of britches.
And then it wouldn't be complete without the pretty pretty inverted hidden blade.
See, I told it it would be an undertaking. And the other (even more fabulous) variant of the costume adds another shirt for the puffed sleeves, another overskirt, leather gaiters, and another layer of cloak.
And an advantage to cosplaying video game characters is there are sometimes different color schemes to work with. (her default looks to be green but the navy blue is my favorite.)

The other costume I love is the younger sister of Ezio, Claudia Auditore da Firenze (because she's that badass I need to type her whole title):
Reason 1: I love pretty Italian Renaissance dresses.
Reason 2: My mother has been wanting to make pretty Italian Renaissance dresses for my family for doing things such as SCA events. (so I might be able to enlist her help)
Reason 3: Her dress is pink and yellow in the beginning of the Assassin's Creed II (which is my favorite pretty princess color combination):
Also Reason 4: She becomes a total badass lady assassin (and also owner of a brothel which is always cool):
But most people make her assassin costume, so I want her dress. It's also going to be a ton easier because of my family's background in historical costuming. I do have a slight fear that the costume might not be recognizable, but I think it would be more recognizable if I hang out with an Ezio/Femzio, so problem solved.

No comments:

Post a Comment